Starting Wednesday, May 6, the Lindsborg Community Library will be offering curb-side and delivery services while social-distancing measures are in place to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Here’s how it will work:
1. Log in to the Library Catalog and place reserves for what you want to check out. To sign in, your username is the number underneath the barcode on the back of your card and your password is preset to the last four digits of your phone number.
When you find the item you would like to check out, click on it to display the full record. There will be a button that says “Reserve this item.” Click it to place your request.
If you need assistance, you can also call a Librarian at 227-2710 on Monday – Friday, 10 – 6 or Saturday 10 – 2.
2. Librarians will check out your items, place them in Ziploc bags with your name on the front, and set them out on the bookcase in the front entry way.
3. Come to the Library front entry to pick up your items. If you are unable to pick up your items in person, we will also have delivery service available.
If you are sick, please request delivery service.
4. Return your items to the book drop when you are finished.
5. All materials will be quarantined before returning to the shelves. This process includes a three day isolation before items are checked in and returned to Library shelves.
Delivery Service Also Available
If you are sick or are unsure if you be able to pickup your items in the time the front entry will be open, we are also offering delivery service. In order to receive this service, simply add these steps.
1. After you have placed your requests, call or email the Library with your address. If we are unable to answer the phone, leave a message on our answering machine. Our phone number is 785-227-2710 and our email is email@example.com.
2. Librarians will place your requests in a designated location for delivery on Monday and Friday afternoons, 1-3.
3. Librarians or volunteers will place your items near your front door or another weather-protected location you offered when giving your address.
4. If you would like someone to pick up your items when you are finished, call or email the Library for a pick up appointment. Place your items in a weather-proof bag, such as the Ziploc bags they were delivered in, and put them in the designated pick up location near your front door. You may also return library items to the book drop at your convenience.
We thank you for your understanding and hope you stay healthy!
06/08/2020: Edited for update in quarantine procedures and hours of Librarian availability.
07/22/2020: Edited for updates in curbside service procedures, hours of Librarian availability, and contact information.