EDIT March 30, 2020: In order to comply with Kansas Governor Kelly’s Stay at Home order, the Lindsborg Community Library building will be closed to the public and both curb-side and delivery services will be discontinued indefinitely. All library materials currently checked out are now renewed through April 27. Please do not return items while the Stay at Home order is in place.
This will be re-evaluated April 20 and more details will be posted on both our website and Facebook page as they come available. Thank you for your understanding and hope you stay healthy!
The Lindsborg Community Library will be offering curb-side service while social-distancing measures are in place to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus. If you were not able to stock up on Library books or movies in advance, we will still be at work to provide these for you!
Here’s how it will work:
1. Log in to the Library Catalog and place reserves for what you want to check out. To sign in, your username is the number underneath the barcode on the back of your card and your password is preset to the last four digits of your phone number.
When you find the item you would like to check out, click on it to display the full record. There will be a button that says “Reserve this item.” Click it to place your request.
If you need assistance, you can also call a Librarian at 227-2710 on Monday – Friday, 11 – 3.
2. Librarians will check out your items, place them in Ziploc bags with your name on the front, and set them out on the bookcase in the front entry way.
3. Come to the Library front entry to pick up your items. The outer door will be unlocked while Librarians are onsite. If you are unable to pick up your items in person, we will also have delivery service available.
If you are sick, please request delivery service.
4. Return your items to the book drop when you are finished.
5. All materials will be cleaned before returning to the shelves. This process includes sanitizing covers and edges with 70% rubbing alcohol and three day isolation before items are checked in and returned to Library shelves.
Delivery Service Also Available
If you are sick or are unsure if you be able to pickup your items in the time the front entry will be open, we are also offering volunteer delivery service. In order to receive this service, simply add these steps.
1. After you have placed your requests, call or email the Library with your address. If we are unable to answer the phone, leave a message on our answering machine. Our phone number is 785-227-2710 and our email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Librarians will place your requests in a designated location for our volunteers deliver on Monday afternoons, 1-3.
3. Volunteers will place your items near your front door or another weather-protected location you offered when giving your address.
4. If you would like volunteers to pick up your items when you are finished, call or email the Library. Place your items in a weather-proof bag, such as the Ziploc bags they were delivered in, and put them in the designated pick up location near your front door. Volunteers will pick up items on Thursdays, 1-3 PM, so please have them ready at that time. You may also return library items to the book drop at your convenience.
Many thanks to the Bethany College Criminal Justice Department for providing our delivery service!
We thank you for your understanding and hope you stay healthy!
Edited 3/20/2020 for updates in times these services are available.
Edited 3/30/2020 for updates regarding closures due to Stay at Home orders.