In honor of 2019 being Lindsborg’s 150th birthday, we are on the search for Lindsborg’s Top 150 favorite books. In January, we began voting on the 33 nominations of favorite books for the young & young at heart, and we are excited to announce the results.
- 15 votes: The Llama Llama Series by Anna Dewdney
- 12 votes: If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (Series) by Laura Numeroff
- 12 votes: The Fancy Nancy Series by Jane O’Connor
- 12 votes: Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
- 11 votes: The Winnie-the-Pooh Series by A.A. Milne
- 10 votes: The Pete the Cat Series by James Dean
- 10 votes: Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss
- 10 votes: Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
- 9 votes: If I Ran the Zoo by Dr. Seuss
- 8 votes: Are You a Cow? by Sandra Boynton
- 6 votes: How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
- 5 votes: Miss Brooks Loves Books! (And I Don’t) by Barbara Bottner
- 5 votes: Where’s Spot? by Eric Hill
- 5 votes: There are Cats in this Book (Series) by Viviane Schwarz
- 5 votes: The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss
- 4 votes: Not Your Typical Dragon by Dan Bar-el
- 4 votes: Mossy by Jan Brett
- 3 votes: The Trouble with Trolls by Jan Brett
- 3 votes: Hot Rod Hamster! by Cynthia Lord
- 3 votes: The Brown Bear, Brown Bear Series by Bill Martin, Jr.
- 3 votes: The Five Busy Bears by Sterling North
- 3 votes: Once Upon a Cool Motorcycle Dude by Kevin O’Malley
- 3 votes: The Splat the Cat Series by Rob Scotton
- 3 votes: Demolition by Sally Sutton
- 2 votes: My Truck is Stuck! by Kevin Lewis
- 1 vote: Tiptoe Joe by Ginger Foglesong Gibson
- 1 vote: The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
- 1 vote: I Want to be a Jedi (Star Wars)
- 0 votes: Sleepover Surprise by Ruth Benjamin
- 0 votes: Bathtime for Biscuit by Alyssa Capucilli
- 0 votes: Moby Shinobi: Ninja at the Pet Shop by Lue Flowers
- 0 votes: Meet the Super Hero Squad! by Lucy Rosen
- 0 votes: I am Superman by Michael Teitelbaum
- 0 votes: The Cow Loves Cookies by Karma Wilson
Thanks to everyone who voted in January! The 150 individual books or series of books with the most votes across all five heats of Round 1 will advance to the next round, narrowing Lindsborg’s Top 150 favorites to the Top 25.
With a new month, we begin the second heat of voting for Round 1! Round 1B is now open and everyone is invited to vote as many times as they would like throughout the month of February. 40 nominations of favorite juvenile and young adult books and series have been received; if your favorite was not submitted before December 31, 2018, you still have time to write-in your vote this month.
To vote in person, visit the Library’s Lindsborg 150 display; to vote online, go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2W2B6LS
Submit your vote today & help your favorites win!